Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Trip by Numbers: The Road

Total Roadkill Seen:
4, none identifiable.

State with the Least Law:
Texas.

State with the Most Law:
Arizona.

Number of Tickets:
0

Number of Near Accidents:
Only 1, a Semi changed lanes right at me. Floor it and drive on the shoulder. Thanks.

Number of States:
8 (includes California)

Most States in 1 Day:
4: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas (pronounced ARE-can-zus), Tennessee.

Number of States I've never been to:
None unfortunately.

State Where it Finally Felt Like the South:
Tennessee. The divided highway cut through rocky cliffs topped with bare trees. A good portion of the 24 and 75 look like this, so when I hit it on the 40, I finally realized I was there.

Giant Crosses Passed:
Just the one in Texas. I didn't stop 'cause it was getting late and the sign said it was a spiritual experience I would never forget. No thanks.

Burned out Cars Passed:
One that had clearly seen the end of it's life on Route 66 rather than I-40.

Cattle Lots Passed:
Only 1.

"Authentic" "Indian" Souvenir Stands Passed:
Too Many to Count

Most played Music:
Rilo Kiley, Under the Blacklight.
A subtle and sublime album. Highly recommended.

1 comment:

meg said...

hooray! no tickets.